We hope that we will be able to host the kind of Shibaricamp that we all want, with a mix of great teachers and participants from all over the world creating camp together. That said, we know that we have to be flexible and agile and try to create the best camp possible under the constraints we will have at the time, for those that will be able to make it.
Along that line, our economic strategy is to try and not incur any costs at all until we are more sure that, and in what form, camp will happen. When we get closer to camp we will need to start incurring some costs, and should camp get cancelled altogether after that happens, we will ask you to help cover those costs, since we are a non-profit event for which we work as volunteers. As you can see, the risk of there being any costs to cover is small, and if there are, the cost per participant will only be minor.
We also hope that people from all countries shall be allowed and able to come to Shibaricamp also this year. But due primarily to the current uncertainty relating to international travel, we understand that it is really hard for you to commit to an international trip a few months from now. In order to try and mitigate that, this year we have an extended grace period and a clear cancellation policy.
Our goal with the policy is to be able to refund all tickets in full, whether it’s you who need to cancel your participation or if it’s us that need to cancel Shibaricamp. The main rule of that policy is that if we can fill your spot, you will get all your money back.
In practice, the refund policy will work like this:
- Until July 1st it will be possible to cancel your ticket for a 100% refund of the ticket price, no matter what.
- July 1st-July 12th, we guarantee you a 75% refund of the ticket price. If, however, we find someone to fill your place, we will give you a 100% refund.
- July 13-July 26, we guarantee you a refund of 50% of the ticket price. Again, if we find someone to fill your place, we will give you a 100% refund.
- July 27-Aug 3 we can’t guarantee any refund, as there is very little chance that we will find a replacement in just a week. But, if we do find someone to fill your place, we will still give you a 100% refund.
- If we have to cancel Shibaricamp all together (rope gods forbid), we will refund everyone as much of the ticket price as possible after deducting an equal share between all ticket buyers of any incurred costs that we have had to have, but we guarantee that we will refund you at least 80% of the ticket cost.
DATE OF YOUR CANCELLATION -> GUARANTEED REFUND
May 22 -- July 1st -> 100%
July 1st -- July 12th -> 75%*
July 13 -- July 26 -> 50%*
July 27 -- Aug 3 -> 0%*
Shibaricamp cancelled -> 80%#
* If, however, we find someone to fill your place, we will give you a 100% refund.
#We will refund as much of the ticket prices as possible after deducting any incurred costs that we have had to have, but we guarantee that we will refund you at least 80% of the ticket cost.
In effect, this cancellation policy gives you who wants to come to camp, but don’t know if you will actually be able to come, an opportunity to secure your tickets now, without risk or with low risk. It also allows us enough time to fill your place, should you be forced to cancel your participation this year.